Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request For Comment

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request For Comment
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:23:31 -0700

On 3-Mar-09, at 3:10 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Please comment. Note that this is *intended* to be a minimal
implementation - no drug database links, no prescription handling,
no decision support. I am trying to get the basics right first.

Will it be feasible to include a phrasewheel whose elements would be constructed not from a reference table (in v 0.5 anyway) but simply from the existing current medications table?

This would already speed entry considerably when a medication previously entered for one patient is also taken by another.

If feasible, and if I had already entered patients taking diltiazem 30mg and another taking SR (slow release) 240mg and into the phrasewheel I would enter

        dilt 24

would the phrasewheel be programmed to offer diltiazem SR 240mg ?