Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication list doubling as optional prescription

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication list doubling as optional prescription
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:11:44 +0100

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:57:32AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> A first iteration need not even concern itself with fill-in manually
> fields
I know you were referring to simply printing the field as
such. Which then needs to explicit support in GNUmed proper.
It simply needs to exist on the form template as it's just a
passive element to be printed. It could be an image of the
patient for that matter and GNUmed would never know the
difference.

> What I was thinking (as per the sample) was that even to be able to
> write, in ink, as little as an amount or duration to supply, and whether
> or not to accord "refills", would be huge savings over having to rewrite
> all desired medications onto a blank prescription paper.
Sure, that's easy enough, just make the local form template
include the space for that ;-)

Now, in Germany, this wouldn't by any means be even remotely
similar to a legal prescription but GNUmed never so far
cared about such things... :-)