Re: [Gnumed-devel] packaging for fedora (and so on)

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] packaging for fedora (and so on)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:37:17 +0100

Am Sonntag 22 März 2009 01:42:35 schrieb Thomas Spura:
> Hi list,

Hi Thomas,

> I've just read about your packaging problem in this list archives. I
> want to get packager in fedora and support with this your project, if no
> one else is on it already ?

Any help is appreciated. No one else is doing any work on this so you are
welcome to step in.

> Fedora has very strict 'guidelines', which should definetely fitt to any
> other rpm based linux.

A few weeks ago I received a bug report from a fedora user. I changed the spec
file so now GNUmed client installs and runs. I have not checked for Fedora
specific bits apart from rpm dependencies (having a different name in every
distribution).

> What do you think?

I think you should get an account in Novell/Suse build service. You can then
work on the spec file either downloading it to your computer or building
directly in the build service. We can work on this together.

Right now it should be in good shape. As the next step run all the tests
recommenended by fedora. As the third step please consider contacting the
fedora packaging mailing list and file a inclusion proposal with their
bugzilla.

It would be nice to get GNUmed client and server into one of the next
releases.

As a side note. Currently there is only one spec file for all rpm
distributions (has section for each one).

If fedora will not accept that we have to seperate it again which is
depreciated because of maintainance work.

Sebastian