Re: [Gnumed-devel] further thinking on list of current medications

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] further thinking on list of current medications
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 00:04:17 -0300

It´s called Manipulation

You instruct a pharmacist to make say:

- Enalapril 10mg
- Metformin 500mg
- Alopirinol 100mg

- 120 capsules
* Take twice a day ...

It is not very common, but some doctors like to do this, the biggest problem I see is that many patients that do this do not know what medication actually is being prescribed (but since I see about 1-2 patients that use this a month - and I work at a busy ER, I suppose it is not worth the trouble to make a feature just for this)

But Homeopathic and Floral Medicines fit a lot of diferent remedies together, and I seem to have the impression that in Europe these are somewhat mainstream ... right?

Rogerio