Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed plugin development - part 1

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed plugin development - part 1
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 14:43:47 -0700

On 7-Apr-09, at 9:43 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

We need to get skilled in python. We need to find out about the plugin stuff
in GNUmed and have someone adapt the database.

I am encouraged, but wonder what this means differently from what already exists. We do already have plug-ins as reflected by the tabbed functionalities within the GNUmed reference client.

Are we therefore talking keeping the above, but evolving the database and middleware to enable individually more-powerful plugins?

Are we talking about something totally different from existing plug- ins and would the new ones be additive or would they replace what exists?