[Gnumed-devel] plugin design question

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] plugin design question
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:13:41 +0200

I was asking myself. Where do I implement rule checking ? Let's say I would
like to let the user select the pacing mode DDDR and store
<rateresponse>active</rateresponse> because R is part of the mode.

I would implement this in the GUI ?
Or in some sort of special intermediateware so a webclient input field could
be evaluated as well ?

Guess I would have to write some sort of rule checking library. It would then
be up to me how many checks to implement.

If we later decide to store values in the database instead of xml part of this
will have to be implemented at database level , right ?

I could then do stuff like warn the user when the battery gets low, a unipolar
pacemaker lead is set to bipolar or prompt for shorter follow up intervals
when an elevated pacing threshold ist detcted and stuff like that.

Any comment is appreciated.
Sebastian