Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Debian Packaging Drive

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Debian Packaging Drive
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 09:35:51 +0200

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 09:53:56PM -0300, Allan MacKinnon wrote:

> I understand the issue, even though it sounds like an inifinite regression:
> "How was the first GT.M made if you needs a GT.M to make a GT.M".  Out of
> curiousity can you tell me how such a thing is done?

You can create assembler code from C script with a C
compiler or with a dedicated Python parser, as an example.
The compiler for a language doesn't *have* to be in the
language it compiles.

> Anyway, putting the GT.M deb in your SF.net account may be a good idea if
> that isn't the source of your bandwidth issue (never had a bandwidth cap
> issue come up for me yet on SF.net).

I think Bhaskar is talking about bandwidth of space-time.

> Also, the Hilbert Brothers who run the GNUmed project would likely want to
> see GT.M because they are looking for a billing backend for their program.
There is no obvious relation between wanting GT.M and
wanting billing.

GT.M is wanted because running Vista on Debian is desirable.

> I think they are tooling around with FreeB right now
No.