[Gnumed-devel] Server 10.5

From: Geordie
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Server 10.5
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 07:59:21 -0400

Hi
On a fresh install of gnumed server and client via apt-get with nothing
installed on postgres the installation went fine. Everything installed just
fine
and the install script worked as expected.
However when i tried to modify the postgres password with this command
postgres=# ALTER USER postgres with PASSWORD 'postgres-user-password';
 for the installation of other databases, I was unable to to change it for I
was unable to use postgres for the password at the psql prompt. It appears
that the password has been changed. I apt-get purged gnumed-server, postgresql
and friends and reinstalled.
Now i cannot connect with postgres for I get this

address@hidden:/# su postgres
address@hidden:/$ pexit
address@hidden:/#

I am unable to type beyond the "p" in psql.

any ideas?
Geordie