Re: [Gnumed-devel] Postgres bootstrap localization questions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Postgres bootstrap localization questions
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 00:14:29 +0200

> After I ran, as root
>
>       cd /var/lib/gnumed/server/bootstrap
>       ./bootstrap-latest.sh

Yep, that's the second best way on Debian.

> it told me everything seems to have succeeded, and I was not even
> once asked for a password

:-)

> but I am curious that I noted inside
> bootstrap-latest no comments to be echoed like "successful".

That comes from the bootstrapper written in Python which eventually
compares a hash of the database it created with a hash it expected
for that version.

> I am
> therefore not sure whether a script would have already loaded the
> test data up into the database
It did. The log file will have a whole slew of lines to the effect of
"file ... successfully imported"

>, or whether I need to do that myself,   manually.
No.

> I did next have a problem after I made the bootstrap-ca script
> executable
That's not a script but a config file for the bootstrap*.py file
and it was already used during your successful bootstrapping (find
the .log and look for bootstrap-ca.conf).

> and then tried to run it, I got the following (below
> === ). By the way, I did not yet make any changes as per
> ConfigurePostgreSQL... I am not sure if such changes are by this
> point already required as pre-requisites.

Nope. Debian enables us to be user-friendly :)
Only now when you attempt to connect to your new database
will you have to make a conscious edit to enable that.

> Am I supposed to have already had to log into pgsql as system user
> postgresql to have manually created any accounts like gm-dbo or is
> that supposed to have already been done? I did not see anything about
> that in bootstrap-latest.sh
All done from within the bootstrap*.py called from the .sh and
should be noted in the .log file. The accounts gm-dbo and any-doc
are expected to be created (at least gm-dbo MUST have been created
successfully or else bootstrapping would've failed early on).