Re: [Gnumed-devel] Occupation

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Occupation
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:23:30 -0700

On 20-Jun-09, at 6:15 AM, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

2009/6/20 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 06:31:30PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Presently, this is able to be created (input) during in new patient
> creation and is able to be edited from the EMR > History > Occupation
> menu item but I was wondering where in the GUI it was being considered to
> display the occupation?

Nowhere as of yet, eventually (among other places) when
writing a prescription or a work slip.

Other suggestions ?

How about being shown in CAVEAT ? or in the vicinities ?

I would prefer that it not be shown in the CAVEAT and neither in the "vicinities" by which I think you mean the small (but still very valuable space, the so-called "prime real estate) that remains above the plugins.

A patient may have more than one occupation the same way they can have more than one address, and at any one time more than one may be active and there can be value to know the previous ones so I think in a demographics tab after Contacts and Identity for which I can make a wishlist item.

Even before the wishlist item could be made, the occupation may be appropriate to include in the Patient Overview widget and IMO if the occupation is relevant to the ability of the patient to work or may affect their health it could be made a Health Issue?