Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 16:07:50 -0700

On 21-Jun-09, at 3:31 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

We need to be careful to not confuse our encounter with what

insurance companies want us to believe happens in

healthcare: They only allow us to bill them for what *they*

think is a contact worthwhile paying for...

Yes, for example my medicare system will so far pay for no care by phone, except a modest amount for responding to an INR result, but not the work involved when the patient over the telephone says

"by the way, I had a headache yesterday, it is better now, but it was the worst in my life -- I never get them -- such that on my way biking home yesterday, I had to pull off the road and lie down on the grass for 30 minutes, on account of feeling incapacitated and vomiting twice, but I eventually made it home, and felt better by bedtime, and I am fine today. So... nothing to worry about, right? And I continue taking my warfarin, right? The main reason I am asking is ... I am supposed to go on vacation in 2 days..."

I think we should develop a collection of such stories. I am sure Horst has many ;-)