Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:12:43 -0700

On 20-Jun-09, at 1:42 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Can we swap the positions of the three-button sets (left vs right)

Save: All Encounter Notes

Editor: New Clear Discard

so that the "Save" ones are to the right?

Let's ask Rogerio as a user.

My reasoning is that presently the "Save" buttons are at the left of its respective split of the overall window, which places it left of centre of the screen, whereas conventionally when users contemplate exiting a screen, the "Save / Exit buttons" are at the far left of the screen (which is not possible from the right side of a split-window) or from the right.

I would therefore better see the Editor buttons placed at the current location of the Save buttons.

I would even consider to place the Editor buttons at the current location (in 0.4.6-1) of the Summary (AOE) field, since the buttons pertain to the tabbed notelets above, whereas the Summary pertains to everything.

In moving the Summary (AOE) down, it would need to be given a smaller width, in order to keep room for Save buttons to the right of it, but we already realize we can only see 40 characters in the EMR tree on a standard monitor.

I would rename "Editor:" to "Notelet:"

Among the "Save" buttons I would resequence them as
Note (relabeled as Notelet) Encounter All