Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:17:02 -0300

2009/6/20 Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:49:19AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> I continue to be impressed with this new notes editor
:-)

> which features a three-way split:

4-way but the lower right corner isn't used much yet

> 1) At top right, can we change "New notes ..." to "New notelets ..."
>
> I know that "Notelets" is not a standard word, but Notelets will help to
> get across that the encounter will have more than one note "part".

Done.

> 2) "Request" ... is somewhat ambiguous as, in english unfortunately, we
> have the problem when the same word is sometimes a noun:
>       request as "purpose of encounter" (noun) -- which is what we intend vs.
>       request as "(now) ask for something" (verb)

Ah, I see. In German it'd be a bit clearer because nouns
would be spelled uppercase as opposed to verbs.

> I very much think "Purpose" would be better but, if it is desirable that
> this not be just one arbitrary GNUmedder opinion shall I ask a few doctor
> colleagues their views?
Sure, great !  Show them a screenshot, perhaps ?

> 3) when one opens this plugin, by default there is open an editor named
> "new episode" however it would be better to say "new problem". The reason
> I would avoid "new episode" is because – in the case of existing active
> problems –  the user would be better to double-click on one of these
> visible active problems. Otherwise, it should be a new problem (even
> while, admittedly, a new episode) and it can always be attached to one of
> the patient's Health Issues (which may be relevant but not active
> therefore omitted from the list of Active Problems) at any later time.
Aha, only when reading the whole paragraph carefully did I
get the subtle catch. Done.

> Can we change (in the upper left corner "Active problems") the column
> label
>       "Problem" into  "Episode"

Not with a clear conscience. This column lists problems, not
episodes.

> Can we change the prompt
>       "Enter a descriptive name for the new episode:" to
>       "Enter a short working name for the episode:"

Done.

> Can we change the text inside the title of the "Save" window from
>       "Adding a new episode" to
>       "Saving episode information"

Exactly which dialog do you mean ? If you are talking about
the one with "Enter a short working name ..." inside it then
that's actually what it does: add a new episode.

> Can we swap the positions of the three-button sets (left vs right)
>       Save: All Encounter Notes
>       Editor: New Clear Discard
> so that the "Save" ones are to the right?

Let's ask Rogerio as a user.

Ok , I don´t see any problem with this, but save the old applet, if something goes wrong :))

> Can we change "Editor;" to "Notelet:"

Done.

> Does save "All" mean Encounter + all notelets?

That's right.

> Is the Encounter button non-responsive while the "Summary" text is empty?

No, it also acts on Request (RFE), start, end, and type.

> Lastly, over in the EMR tree, instead of listing at left
>       <date of encounter>: <text of AOE>
> what about instead listing
>       <date of encounter>: <encounter type>

Rogerio ?

I preffer the way it is ... it is easier to scan the list of AOE to remember things that to scan it to see how many times she called in from telefone

> given that the left pane tidily accommodates the encounter type whereas
> the AOE can only be partly shown, and also can be confusing to the brain
> to see the same text replicated multiple times in the left pane. To me,
> the value of the AOE is on the right side of the EMR tree when one is
> looking inside the detail of any Notelet to be reminded what else was
> managed in the same encounter.

However, that'll make a list of encounters down the left:

1.1.2003:  in praxis
2.1.2003:  in praxis
4.1.2003:  in praxis
6.1.2003:  home visit
9.1.2003:  in praxis
16.1.2003: in praxis

EXACLY !

which is less informative when quickly scanning down the
list than if the AOE is shown, no ? Otherwise one would have
to click each and every encounter to find a particular one
(despite the fact that the encounter tooltip holds all the
encounter details anyway ;-)

The logic is:

AOE if exists
       else RFE if exists