Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:40:41 -0700

On 21-Jun-09, at 3:31 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

This discussion is good...

:-)

2. identify what synchronous (concurrent) issues were addressed in the
same encounter
Now for that a multi-problem AOE seems logical to me.

OTOH, the doctor is using the wrong tool (but we don't yet
have the tool she should use ;-)  She should use the tool
which lists:

encounter 1
 episode X1 in issue X
 episode Y1 in issue Y
encounter 2
 episode X1 in issue X
encounter 3
 episode X2 in issue X
encounter 4
 episode Y1 in issue Y

IOW, the continuity-of-care tree rather than the
state-of-health tree we got.

add to roadmap (v0.6 or future) to be a plugin labeled "ENC tree"?

In some cases the patient would be referring us to something they are
sure they had previously told us, or that we had advised them or had
told us that we planned to do. They may remind us that it was in a phone call or that it had been in a visit or that it was something that Dr X
was going to discuss with us.
For that particular quest we should offer a total
longitudinal listing (we already do, it's the Journal View)
and a per-issue longitudinal listing (think all relevant
encounter data concatenated at the right when clicking on an
issue or episode node.

the capacity to search the text displayed in a pane might be invaluable

rather than
something I have figured out how to use in an EMR tree where it is
re-demonstrated under multiple problems. ??
I do agree it warrants discussion to utilize the available
data more fully. Maybe using soAp (or soaP) is the way to
go. Ah, wait, not soaP, because that will contain potential
things about the *next* encounter :)

I have been thinking it could be very handy, within a notes viewer (whether Journal or other form) to be able to filter the content by type of row (s o a p or ellipsis ...) this could help more easily review

- symptoms or other subjective information
- previous physical examinations
- previous thinking (assessment)
- previous plans, some details of which may have escaped doing