[Gnumed-devel] Measurements selection, formatting, behaviour

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements selection, formatting, behaviour
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:21:52 -0700

Also, the editor provides

        a Measurement detail Comment field
        a Clinical context Note field

I think the "comment" is intended to inform the test *context* to better guide interpretation of the test, such as "fasting, upright, did not fast, on steroids". While I rather suspect an even better word might be "caveat", we should not confuse that the latter is already in use for allergies.

I think the "Note" is intended to hold a clinician's assessment of what this test means in the care of the patient and/or any action that may be needed as a result. Where will this datum live? It is rather like a soAp row, is it not?

In terms of tweaking the "edit measurement" window can we

--> left-justify "Measurement details"
--> change "Comment" to "Context"
--> left-justify "Clinical context"
--> rename above "Clinical context" to "Clinical details"
        (on account of newly using "context" for the measurement
--> change "Note" to "Assessment" though it needs shrinking the field widths

--> left-justify "Reference information" or refactor it?

It seems to me it would help greatly to relocate the reference information rows to place them immediately under the Date despite that the Comment would then be moved down as the bottom row of this cluster. We would thus get rid of the label "reference information"... besides it appears the user is permitted to input missing values for the reference information as I have just done in this screenshot.

In the EMR Journal can we change corresponding
--> "MTA" to "Context:"
--> "Doc:" to "Assessment:"
and indent the second-through-last rows per-measurement with a space as is done with Health Issues and Encounter information?

PNG image