Re: [Gnumed-devel] Plug-in management in 0.4.6

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Plug-in management in 0.4.6
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:14:05 -0700

This thread crosses with the one I just created and posted (Workplace reconfiguration).

On 21-Jun-09, at 3:14 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I did attempt what I believed used to allow a selection from the
login dialog
[workplace]
names = $names$
minimal
GNUmed Default
$names$
but the above hung the client on attempted restart
Weeeell, a list isn't supported for that option.

The reason being that at that point we don't have a database
connection yet which would create a maintenance nightmare.

 Despite that the above specification
[workplace]
names ...
is deprecated -- and in fact will "hang" the client on attempted login, -- a single name:

[workplace]
name = <any one workplace>

*does* work, and seems presently the only (documented) way to specify a different workplace than
GNUmed default

I noticed that when <name> in [workplace] does not already exist in the backend, <name> gets created and assigned a default of one plugin (Inbox).
--> if intended, I can document it in the wiki

--> there seems a bug, however, in that that within the client's Workplace editor, the "Delete" button is disabled. ?? Once enabled, does it need to disallow deleting a workplace of name "GNUmed default"?