Re: Client menu suggestions was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.5.rc2

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: Client menu suggestions was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.5.rc2
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:11:15 -0700

On 28-Jun-09, at 2:40 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

... also, can we remove the menu item "Progress notes editor" or else

call it "Old progress notes editor"? Do we even know if anyone uses it?

Sure, it's been the main editor for at least 3 users that I

personally know of.

It may be allowed to still be a plugin without needing to be a menu item?

Done.

I withdraw the above suggestion, now that I better understand the interaction between the plugins and the menus. There is no reason to prevent that a plugin would add itself to a menu, if a menu appearance may be helpful to someone who uses the plugin. Anyone who does not wish to have the plugin appear in their menu would presumably have little interest in the plugin, either and by using a workplace that does not contain the plugin, would solve this scenario.