Re: [Gnumed-devel] 5.0rc2 quirks

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 5.0rc2 quirks
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:08:44 -0700

re Notes editor refuses to raise second "New" notelet editor

rc2 still contains for me the problem I did not yet see confirmed by anyone from 0.4.6.x

This is even after I had ensured that under

        GNUmed > Options > User interface > Progress notes handling >

it was set to multiple new episodes.

The status line reports: "Raising existing editor"

Can I please be reminded why we even need a backend configurational setting for whether to allow a second (new episode / problem) notelet editor to be raised, and why the default is to refuse to allow a second one to be raised?

It would seem to me that if a user does not want a second notelet editor, they do not click "New". Or, if they did click new and then decide they did not want it, they just click "Discard". If they save it, and then immediately realize the episode should have been assigned under an existing Health Issue, they can go to the EMR tree and reassign it.

Am I missing something? Are we protecting the user from something, by shipping the client with an active button which says "New" but which refuses to work?

I vote (in descending order) to
- remove the configurability
- keep the database storage area, but remove enforcement
- enforce, but set the default to "yes" and improve the status line