Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements selection, formatting, behaviour

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements selection, formatting, behaviour
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:08:16 +0200

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 03:21:52PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Also, the editor provides
>
>       a Measurement detail Comment field
>       a Clinical context Note field
>
> I think the "comment" is intended to inform the test *context* to better
> guide interpretation of the test, such as "fasting, upright, did not
> fast, on steroids".
>
> I think the "Note" is intended to hold a clinician's assessment of what
> this test means in the care of the patient and/or any action that may be
> needed as a result.

That's right and the tooltip informs as such.

> Where will this datum live?
Both live inside the test result row in the table.

> It is rather like a soAp row, is it not?

It is. In fact, the clinical context note is, technically,
the .comment field of the clin.test_results table which is a
child of clin.clin_root_item, just like any other
soap-row-like table. So, in a sense, it IS a sOap row.

> In terms of tweaking the "edit measurement" window can we

> --> left-justify "Measurement details"
> --> left-justify "Clinical context"
> --> left-justify "Reference information" or refactor it?

not completely, only flush with the input fields, not the labels

Refactor, how ?

> --> change "Comment" to "Context"
> --> rename above "Clinical context" to "Clinical details"
> --> change "Note" to "Assessment" though it needs shrinking the field
> widths

Done.

> It seems to me it would help greatly to relocate the reference
> information rows to place them immediately under the Date despite that
> the Comment would then be moved down as the bottom row of this cluster.
> We would thus get rid of the label "reference information"...

I don't think so. I think it is useful to have the mandatory
fields up top.

> besides it
> appears the user is permitted to input missing values for the reference
> information as I have just done in this screenshot.

Sure, why not ?

> In the EMR Journal can we change corresponding
> --> "MTA" to "Context:"
> --> "Doc:" to "Assessment:"

Done.

> and indent the second-through-last rows per-measurement with a space

Not trivially.