Re: [Gnumed-devel] web client via pyjamas

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] web client via pyjamas
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:06:51 +0200

Am Sonntag 05 Juli 2009 15:37:24 schrieb Gour:
> Hello!
>
> The idea of having web client for GNUmed was discussed several times in
> the past, but while thinking how to make adoption of GNUmed easier the
> idea of having 'client' written in Pyjamas has come into my mind. (for
> V2.0 maybe ;) )
>
> Anyone has any experience with it?
>
> It looks cool - some links - developing in 'desktop-like style (similar
> to pygtk/pyqt/pywx) and running on both desktop and in the browser.
>
> http://pyjs.org/features.html
> http://pyjs.org/book/output/Bookreader.html#Introduction
>
> Any comment?
Note that I have little knowledge on the various toolkits but from the link
you provide it looks like if anyone feels home at python but not at javascipt
has a toolkit here to develop an UI as an wxpython alternative.

Two humble questions.
How does this compare to tubogears or django which is python as well ?
Is database access possible through psycopg ?

So my question really amounts to how much code can be reused from the
middleware or is pyjamas the option to only rewrite the frontend code and
reusing large parts of the GNUmed middleware ?

Sebastian