Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements and Documents and associations

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements and Documents and associations
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 13:07:58 -0700

On 4-Jul-09, at 1:45 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Do we want the precise times

shown in the abstracted/pooled listings, or do we wish to display times

only inside the encounter-level?

If we don't show the times it could then happen that there's

several measurements of the same type on the same day with

no way to differentiate them.

If you were talking about the encounter level of detail, I could agree (even though the times might be more meaningful when incorporated into a sort order and / or into a gnuplot).

However, I was above talking about the *collapsed* level meaning at the level of pooling in the episode and health issue levels of the tree. At such levels, as I suggested, the aims of the reviewer would be to identify (within the health issue) the episode of interest and to identify, within an episode, the encounter of interest...

... the encounter in which can be found multiple instances of a measurement on an one date can be of interest, but not every detail of every one of those measurements need to be abstracted into the higher-level (health issue or episode) "listings"... it can be upon identifying the *encounter* of interest that the additional detail can be viewed. It is at the encounter (detail) level that we can leave the time of the measurement and any previous clinical reviewer's comments etc.