Re: [Gnumed-devel] Python 3.0

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Python 3.0
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 20:32:53 -0700

Apple's upcoming Snow Leopard (10.6) due for release in September as a $29 upgrade from Leopard, appears will ship Python 2.6 as its default python.

On 5-Jul-09, at 1:13 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Am Sonntag 05 Juli 2009 08:45:23 schrieb Jim Busser:
On 3-Jul-09, at 6:43 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
So we will have a minimum of 8 months before python 3.0 will become
an issue
for GNUmed.

Before we would pay attention how many features adds Oython 3.x, we
should first consider is there anything changing from Python 2.6 to
3.x that will *break* current GNUmed code?

That, IMO, should be the first question.

Indeed that is what I had in mind. From what I hear Arch Linux has python 3.0 next to 2.6. So anyone using archlinux should be able to try GNUmed on python
3.0