Re: [Gnumed-devel] Patient whose name (in the public db) is in a differe

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Patient whose name (in the public db) is in a different alphabet... Greek to me?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 16:28:21 +0200

> There is a patient who has (or who at least this morning had) inbox
> results by name of
>
>       Περαντώνη, Ms Ελένη (x)
>
> just wondering... how manageable for the praxis assistants to search
> for such a name i.e. how to input from the keyboard, even if the
> staff would be familiar with the language?
>
> I am wondering if such patients would often use a common-name (alias)
> in the local language

That is a perfectly valid Greek name. Greek keyboards can perfectly well
enter those characters. For people not having a Greek keyboard but
needing to search for the patient I would recommend googling a greek
text and having the patient cut-n-paste the appropriate letters into
the search box. GNUmed can (should be able) perfectly fine search
for greek names.