[Gnumed-devel] Report plugin ideas

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Report plugin ideas
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:25:07 -0700

I understand that it is possible to switch out of gnumed, to locate on one's desktop (or inside a desktop folder) a saved query of interest, which can then be dragged and dropped into the Command area, and then run, however it would be less workflow-disruptive if we could insert, to the left of the "Run" button, a "Load" button which would open a file-picker dialog.

... the advantage would be not leaving the GNUmed environment... the client OS will often have some shortcut accessible within the file dialog that will allow them to jump directly to the local directory of interest in which the queries of interest had been saved.

Second, would there be any interest adding, to the right of "Clear", a button named "Demo" that could input the example below or any preferred alternative?

Do queries accept to have comments within them (I noticed, when I tried, that # is rejected as creating an error). Comments could allow us to insert: <comment> click Run. Including a pk_patient column allows the patient to be activated.

If not, can something to this effect be concatenated to the existing "Run" button tooltip?

PNG image