Re: [Gnumed-devel] Report plugin ideas

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Report plugin ideas
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 23:15:38 +0200

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 01:25:07PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> I understand that it is possible to switch out of gnumed, to locate on
> one's desktop (or inside a desktop folder) a saved query of interest,
> which can then be dragged and dropped into the Command area, and then
> run, however it would be less workflow-disruptive if we could insert, to
> the left of the "Run" button, a "Load" button which would open a
> file-picker dialog.

Uhm, like, why ??   You could simply give your query a name
and save it in the database and recall it with that name
whenever you want ?

> Second, would there be any interest adding, to the right of "Clear", a
> button named "Demo" that could input the example below or any preferred
> alternative?

We could add (and we already have) "demo" queries into the
database. Have you tried entering "*" into the query name
phrasewheel ?

> Do queries accept to have comments within them (I noticed, when I tried,
> that # is rejected as creating an error).

yes but they need to prefixed with "-- " which is the
(Postgre)SQL comment prefix

> insert:
> <comment> click Run. Including a pk_patient column allows the patient to
> be activated.
>
> If not, can something to this effect be concatenated to the existing
> "Run" button tooltip?

The message when double-clicking a result row without
pk_patient already says so.

I have improved the tooltips, however.