[Gnumed-devel] Re: 0.5.rc4 Address entry issues

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: 0.5.rc4 Address entry issues
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:58:58 +0200

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 04:20:21PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> When I try creating a patient, the biggest problem is that I can
> enter all of the information and yet, when I get to the bottom of
> the data entry widget -- in fact, anywhere within this widget -- if
> I hit either of the keyboard keys "enter" (bottom right of numeric
> keypad, regardless of NumLock mode) or the "return" (above the right
> shift key), then the "Cancel" button appears to be the default
> behaviour!

That seemed safe to me.

However. Rogerio previously didn't like the behaviour that
hitting Enter anywhere would [Save]. You seem to dislike it
doing a [Cancel]. Either was due to the respective button
being the "default" button. I have now taken away
defaultness from all buttons in any of the edit area
dialogs (active letters are still there, of course).

We can, upon demand, add back some default buttons
explicitely where needed (explicitely taking away
defaultness isn't supported).