[Gnumed-devel] More conf file questions

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] More conf file questions
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:44:39 -0700

In an earlier (rc3) conf file I had:

[client]

[workplace]
name = Librarian Release (0.2)

# xml-rpc port = 9999
# slave personality = document-viewer
help desk = GNUmed Development List <address@hidden>
name = GNUmed Default

(note I think the extra "name" was my own error)

Questions:
======

Is [client] meant to hold any configuration distinct from what appears in [workplace] ?

I am wondering if it is maybe [client] is serving only as a "spacer" to distinguish from what appears further down under "backend" but then it would leave me wondering whether the profiles and preferences likewise simply define what to offer this client, and how this client should behave.

Help desks appear specified within multiple sections of the conf file (among various different "profiles" as well as in workplaces) ... is there some ranking that determines which (workplace vs profile) gets obeyed?

In order for a (workplace) "name" to work, must it follow immediately a line

        [workplace]

and does it matter where within the config file this is located?