[Gnumed-devel] Problem running net install attempting re-bootstrap

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Problem running net install attempting re-bootstrap
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 09:56:39 -0700

As I had already downloaded the v11 (database) rc4 I went into its ../ server/bootstrap area and, as sudo, tried running the net install script which failed.

I am wondering whether net install is needing to be situated somewhere specific, and run from that location? It failed on locating some files.

Also, given that I am running it with sudo, I noticed and wondered what is the purpose of
    .gnumed/server-installation
as evidenced by the line
   [/home/jbusser/.gnumed/server-installation]
in my own user directory... is it simply an appropriate local user place into which to write files (or logs) but where the result (had it not failed) was going to be a set of databases accessible to the whole machine, hopefully not a database purely contained and running (and only accessible) inside user space?

address@hidden:~/GNUmed-v11.rc4/server/bootstrap$ sudo sh net_install- gnumed_server.sh

This GNUmed helper will download and install the
latest GNUmed server onto your Debian machine.

It will also take care of installing the
dependancies needed to operate GNUmed smoothly.
rm: cannot remove `GNUmed-v?': No such file or directory

Installing dependancies ...

Do you want to install the following dependancies
needed to smoothly operate the GNUmed server ?

gnumed-common postgresql postgresql-client cron anacron tar hostname coreutils mailx openssl bzip2 gzip gnupg mc rsync python-psycopg2 sudo wget

Install dependancies ? [y/N]: n

Downloading package ...

--2009-07-23 20:07:01-- http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/server/GNUmed- server.latest.tgz
Resolving www.gnumed.de... 213.239.197.11
Connecting to www.gnumed.de|213.239.197.11|:80... connected.
Length: 591032 (577K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `GNUmed-server.latest.tgz'

100% [======================================================================= ==================================================================>] 591.032 141K/s in 4,6s

2009-07-23 20:07:07 (126 KB/s) - `GNUmed-server.latest.tgz' saved [591032/591032]

ls: cannot access GNUmed-v?: No such file or directory
mv: invalid option -- 's'
Try `mv --help' for more information.
net_install-gnumed_server.sh: line 70: cd: /server/bootstrap/: No such file or directory

Installing database ...

The GNUmed server version "" has been
prepared for installation in the directory

 [/home/jbusser/.gnumed/server-installation]

The GNUmed database is about to be installed.
You may need to enter your password now:
bash: ./bootstrap-latest.sh: No such file or directory
address@hidden:~/GNUmed-v11.rc4/server/bootstrap$