[Gnumed-devel] users

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] users
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 13:32:47 -0700

From http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2009-01/msg00088.html

Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed going into production

see questions below

On 22-Jan-09, at 1:46 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

b) please factor out the bootstrap of demo data

Uhm, like, just the way it is now ?

As far as I know even in interactve mode I have not been asked explicetly for

the demo data.

You have, when bootstrapping v2. But the granularity could

be improved. Which is why it is configurable in the first

place by including or not including certain scripts. That's

mainly the job of package maintainers. The GNUmed project

strives to provide one database which works.

Surely I'll be happy to apply patches which improve things

all around.

It was bootstrapped very early when I answered yes to a bunch

of other thing to bootstrap.

Yes, for gnumed_v2.

If this is wrong please lay out how to disable bootstraping the demo data.

Check the .conf files. Remove those scripts from the list of

scripts which contain demo data. If a script contains both

needed and optional demo data - yell out, I'll split that

script as needed. Or send the split my way for inclusion.

Is there a way to bootstrap any-doc or the like only which can then be

inactivated ?

Sure, comment out the corresponding sql scripts.

If not I might have to setup a Wiki page and tell people to get

rid of test-nurse and the likes.

They should be able to delete those accounts from the user

management dialog. This will only work if those accounts do

not sign responsible for any clinical data in the database

yet - but by default they aren't expected to.

A script can be written to add a GNUmed user from the

command line, though.

This would be nice.

I'd be happy to include it were one to appear in my inbox.