[Gnumed-devel] Re: Bootstrapping for production -- user accounts

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Bootstrapping for production -- user accounts
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:19:41 -0700

On 25-Jul-09, at 10:57 AM, James Busser wrote:

I just figured out that if one would – prior to running bootstrap-latest.conf – disable within it
bootstrap-test_data.conf

this would prevent the creation of accounts for Christine Chapel, Julian Bashir etc however additional demo accounts reside in two other sql files that would need disabling, gmPublicAccounts (where any-doc is created) and gmTestAccounts:

superuser schema = $superuser schema$

gmCreateProceduralLanguages.sql

gmCreateUserFunction.sql

gmPublicAccounts.sql

gmTestAccounts.sql

$superuser schema$

How about:

- let us clone gmPublicAccounts.sql calling it gmProductionAccounts.sql
- let us appropriately revise comments in this account
- I suggest the caveat include that this file only be altered,
- and run, if it would be in the server's directory tree and
- accessible only to root and sudo. Maybe the file should (post-bootstrap)
- be removed from the server, into some other secure place, in case
- IT support should not have access.

- let us alter the default sql file value for account to "gm-uadmin"
- and the password to "putInSecurePassword"
- (of course they do not have to use this but may be reasonable and convenient)

In the monolithic file we would, above superuser schema = $superuser schema$
insert comment lines

# production databases: comment-out
#    gmPublicAccounts.sql
#    gmTestAccounts.sql
# comment-in:
#   gmProductionAccounts.sql
# but only after inserting a strong password within at
#   putInSecurePassword
# also heed introductory warnings about others being
# able to potentially access the file if kept available

and below gmTestAccounts.sql insert (commented-out)
#   gmProductionAccounts.sql