Re: [Gnumed-devel] Documents plugin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Documents plugin
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:52:00 +0200

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 09:40:51PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Within the Documents plugin are listed documents. Each of these it

> Anyhow I noticed within the contextual right-click menu that:
>
> 1) at the level of the document, there exists an option to
> "Sign/Edit properties" -- including the Comment -- for the document,
> however the properties should include the "description(s)" calling
> into question why these are managed via a distinct other contextual
> menu option "Manage descriptions"

Because there can be more than one description.

> 2) at the level of the *part* there exists the same-name menu "Sign/
> Edit properties" which I think edit the properties of the *document*
> and not only of the part and perhaps this is offered here as a
> convenience

Yes but not only. The Comment field then applies to the part
rather than the document (the tooltip says so). Also, it
will enable setting the sequence index on the part.

> part it is ambiguous. I do like the grouping within this contextual
> menu of
>
>       Print part
>       Fax part
>       Mail part
>
> but note that two *other* items "Display part" and "Sign/Edit" are
> placed together under a *separate* grouping... I know, the answer is
> going to be "because Display and Sign are part of the same process"
> however if the signing off is at the level of the document

Well, some fields apply to the document and some apply to
the part.

> then at the level of the *document* there should be
> an option
>
>       Display parts

Which should do ?

> and within the "part" level I would move "Display" in with Print /
> Fax / Mail and I would make "Sign/Edit" (if it remains offered here
> at this level as a convenience) into
>
>       Sign / Edit document properties
>
> or
>
>       Sign document / Edit properties

Neither would apply.

> Is there to be more than one description per document?

Yes.