[Gnumed-devel] Re: EMR tree display feedback (client 0.5.rc4)

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: EMR tree display feedback (client 0.5.rc4)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:34:09 -0300

I am taking the liberty to send this ON-LIST:

2009/7/30 Jim Busser <address@hidden>
Hi Rogerio

Just wondering whether you would agree with me that it is desirable to avoid having to display, in the EMR display of the encounter notes, an occurrence of signature (alias) along datetime stamp for every row. Please compare the top (current way) and bottom (my proposed way for 0.6) and whether or not you think my proposed way is acceptable & hopefully an improvement :-)

Jim,

I agree with Karsten on this .... in the long run we should expect that the "HTMLish" dysplay modes make it more effective to SEE what we want to see instead of the time stamps, but for now it seems we will just have to conform our INPUT with what we got to get it more readable.

I indeed think it is cluttered, but it is the better of the 2 ways ...

I preffer to have it CLEARY stated who did what for now, although I do agree that it makes the reading a tad dificult.

As I always said the use of spaces before and after the "user input text" of these fields would be VERY VERY interesting for now ... but as I also have exaustively said, I await with great eagerness the HTML displaying hability in the future.

See below my case-scenario

Encounter
Your time (usually redundant)

RFE
AOE (valueless when blank)

====================
---Subjective----------
text
text
text
(LMcC 2009-06-20 22:02)

text
text
text
(Rogluz 2009-06-20 23:07)

---Objective----------
text
text
text
(LMcC 2009-06-20 22:02)

text
text
text
(Rogluz 20009-06-20 23:07)

---Assessment----------
text
text
text
(LMcC 2009-06-20 22:02)

---Plan----------
text
text
text
(LMcC 2009-06-20 22:02)

text
CANCEL Mccoy's plan, induce coma to patient and hope that freezing him will not kill
enough brain cells so we can't revive him in the next century.
(Rogluz 2009-06-20 23:07)

;) Rogerio

Proposed way (typical case; proviso was made in last email for complex case):

Encounter datetime [up to -- if ended] <encounter type>

RFE
AOE (when recorded)

====================

---Subjective----------