[Gnumed-devel] Postgresql on Windows and MacOSX

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Postgresql on Windows and MacOSX
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:54:12 +0200

Hi all,

Seems like the pginstaller versions are gone for PG 8.4 and above for the
Win32 operating systems.

It is recommended to use the one-click installers from enterprisedb. This
version is not compatible with the current silent installation feature of PG
8.3. So in effect once we switch to PG8.4 the silent mode for PG installation
needs to be rewritten.

I will try to start that for the 0.6 series I guess since for the 0.5 cycle PG
8.3 is the better pick.

Their one click installer is available for Macs as well so the guys looking at
the Mac package might be interested in this:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/learning/pginst_guide.do#noninteractive

Sebastian