[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed_v10 client : patient deletion

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed_v10 client : patient deletion
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:37:56 -0700

On 3-Aug-09, at 5:37 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 01:08:56PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

I have diligently followed the steps outlined in the faq but keep

hitting a brick wall called "transaction is read only".

The key thing is to run

set transaction_read_only to off;

Is this a default protection shipped with Postgres or is it something that GNUmed activates just for the GNUmed databases?

I did not see any lines like this among the instructions for configuring pg_hba.conf  and pg_ident.conf and so I wondered how GNUmed manages to constrain pgAdmin III from doing a write unless the user of pgAdmin III would also issue

set transaction_read_only to off;