Re: [Gnumed-devel] Difficulties Establishing GNUmed local setup! (Macint

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Difficulties Establishing GNUmed local setup! (Macintosh)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:45:40 -0700

On 5-Aug-09, at 10:27 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

I believe we can get psotgresql working from some dmg. All othe stuff for the

client should be shiped in a GNUmed dmg (as we do now)

There appear to be four sources. I just did install from postgresqlformac which did then allow psycopg2 to be recognized by check-prerequisites. I forgot to remember to make sure postgres was not running which would have failed the install  of this new postgres but for me did not matter as the machine was postgres-naive (good to think about for the manual though).

Of the four Mac sources

postgresqlformac
one-click from EnterpriseDB
Fink
MacPorts

is there any difference / preference from where they would be installed? Links:

postgresqlformac
http://www.postgresqlformac.com/lists/downloads/unified_installer_disk_imag/

one-click from EnterpriseDB
http://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx