[Gnumed-devel] Re: 0.5 release schedule

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: 0.5 release schedule
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 20:55:50 +0200

Hi,

when trying to download the new GNUmed tarball via uscan (the Debian
tool which inspects a so called watch file for new upstream versions) I
realised that this fails.  The problem is that I learned that uscan is
not clever enough to ignore a directory which only consists of release
candidates so once you create a 0.6 directory I will again get false
positives of new upstream versions (see [1]).

As a workaround it was suggested [2] to parse the page where you are
mentioning the latest released tarball [3] - but this page is terribly
out of date (and the reason why I'm writing here).  I think I brought
this up here because my watch file now rather mentiones the Wiki page
[4] which used to mention the latest released version as a link to the
recent tarball as well - but this has changed now.

So I will probably switch back for the moment to parse the ftp directory
directly which works until you create 0.6.  In the meantime you might
consider creating a page which links to the latest tarball again (and
please make sure not tor provide outdate information like [3] - it is
probably better to remove the page completely if it is not presenting
the real status.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2009/02/msg00105.html