Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Issues with 0.5 detected when trying to package

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Issues with 0.5 detected when trying to package
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:52:33 +0200

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 02:34:33PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

ARRIBA:

> > > With or without sources?
> >
> > Without.
>
> :-(

Tell you what, from a practical medical point of view we
should be grateful to those guys offering an excellent tool
free for use to better patient care. They behave quite
amenable to helping us as well - upon request they provided
a naked jar which actually runs on Linux just fine where
previously we had to run their EXE-wrapped jar using Wine
(which worked as well).

> So I think I should move all these scripts to
>
>     /usr/share/gnumed/bin
>
> and patch the wrapper in /usr/bin/gnumed to prepend this to PATH.
>
> Comments?

This should work IMO but it *will* reduce the functionality
a little bit -- users cannot simply call gm-install_* or
gm-download_* on the command line and get something to
happen. But, your choice, no problem with me.

Particularly for gm-install_arriba this is rather useless --
the client does NOT call this script -- the admin is
expected to, once, or rather whenever a new version of the
ARRIBA jar is released. This is better placed in
/usr/local/(s)bin/, actually.