[Gnumed-devel] Wiki updates (downloads and release status)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Wiki updates (downloads and release status)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:56:58 -0700

On account of it taking some time for the variety of packaging, on the release status page I thought it reasonable to change "Current release" to "Newest release".

On the Downloads page

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideHomeShort

I have added the GPL'd PCLinuxOS and the Tux icons... as for PortableApps and VMware I just made text representations for now and emailed both companies for permission... I figured they may rather see their own attractive icons rather than text references :-)

If they are sticky (particularly VMware) they may require me / us to add a ® to something but that's no big deal, I could just add a reference within the "Step 2"

BTW I did connect to the page from a PC and it auto-detected Windows.

I did connect from my Mac and it did not auto-detect, I did previously forward some info that might be suitable for auto- detection but maybe that did not yet get incorporated, or did not work. Also connecting from my debian VM this was not auto-detected but that was maybe affected by the Mac being the host machine including for the networking.