Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Please test GNUmed on Debian

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Please test GNUmed on Debian
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:44:37 -0700

On 26-Aug-09, at 7:03 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

Of course, the problem of the new gnumed-client 0.5.0 being *apparently* missing from unstable was my own oversight, failing myself to have first run

sudo apt-get update

After doing the above,

sudo apt-get -t unstable install gnumed-client

from a *suitably-pinned* debian lenny seemed to work fine in the resulting 0.5.0 connecting to the public db.

By the way, I did subsequently accept for the Debian Gnome GUI "Update manager" (the one atop right the menu bar) to perform my system updating of about 134 items. The only item I declined was under

"Other updates"

postgresql
From version 8.3.7-1 to 8.4.0-2