Re: [Gnumed-devel] Please test GNUmed on Mac

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Please test GNUmed on Mac
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:19:18 -0700

On 27-Aug-09, at 12:12 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

0.5/GNUmed-client-0.5.rc2.dmg

The fix is to copy libpq.5.dylib to the dmg in the folder lib. I am currently
uploading a rc2

Please report if it works for you.

I still don't know why the lib was required by 0.5.0 when it was not contained in the 0.2.8.3 disk image and not understanding bothers me... -- no speculative answers to this?

But it did fix the problem, as far as connecting... we do still see some OS-dependent quirk variance in how WX displays (see screenshot Verifying database [why so narrow] and a corner of a main screen [why vertical bars at bottom])

Meanwhile, I am going to have to go out and buy and install Apple's new "Snow Leopard" (OS 10.6 release) tomorrow, because last night I did a well-intentioned install of Leopard on a partition of my laptop, in order that I could keep Tiger intact. However, I still need to boot from Tiger to access my day to day files ,but Leopard had forced (or at least seemed to force) me into a firmware update to the keyboard, which now is "dead" under Tiger. Arrgh!

PNG image

PNG image