Re: [Gnumed-devel] packaging help needed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] packaging help needed
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 21:12:24 +0200

> >> Might the wx which corresponds to
> >
> > It doesn't. If you mean wxPython 2.6 over, say, 2.8 that's
> > only by coincidence.
> >
> >> Python 2.6 ease any of our problems?
> >
> > No.
>
> I only questioned whether for any particular version of Python (say,
> 2.5) where a selection must be made from among multiple versions of
> compatible wx binaries -- say, between 2.8.4.2 and 2.8.10.1, then
> surely 2.8.10.1 will have one or more among some new functionality and/
> or bug fixes. Maybe for example some os-dependent quirks had been
> factored out etc

I figured you'd mean that :-)  The answer is still no, or rather - nearly
always the latest minor release in a branch.

One does need wxPython-X.Y.Z-for-Python-A.B to use wxPython with that
Python at all, but beyond that it is best to go for the latest wxPython.

In fact, the to-be-expected wxPython 2.9 adds the missing wx.PopupWindow
we currently kinda work around on on Mac.