[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client on Mac - MacPorts install

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client on Mac - MacPorts install
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:33:00 -0700

Well, after a few (new) grey hairs, I believe that I have sorted out the client install procedure using MacPorts.

It requires downloading a fresh copy of (free) Apple Xcode Tools
- around 1 Gb for Leopard
- but the version for Snow Leopard will be only ~ 749 Mb

also installing MacPorts, and the nice GUI frontend Porticus. The various installs and builds took about an hour and a half, but actually required only about 5 minutes of user time.

This is all documented at

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/MacPorts

A Portfile for gnumed-client is not yet ready, but can be viewed (under development) here:

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/PortFile

The wiki pages Downloads and InstallerGuideMac are also updated to reflect the current state, and are now a lot more streamlined :-)