Re: [Gnumed-devel] FYI

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] FYI
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 23:20:37 +0200

> Even more did I  like a link within the posting, to
>
>       Why product management is open source's fatal flaw
>

> http://www.productbeautiful.com/2008/05/02/why-product-management-is-open-sources-fatal-flaw/
>
> I think that, by contrast, GNUmed is in the situation where people are
> not contributing primarily to scratch only their own itch

Well, I *am* scratching my own itch - except that the itch doesn't
exist yet :-)

It would exist if I were to found my own practice where I could have
the say in what software is being used to keep patient charts.
Circumstances are that I am so far much better off NOT starting my
own practice ;-)

OTOH, I am scratching my own uber-itch that AFAICT no sound
record-keeping-for-GPs solution exists in FLOSS space.

I am also scratching my proxy-itch in that I enable my
girlfriend to keep medically sound physical therapy records.

BTW, as related to those article I think we are doing fairly
OK - we do involve users and encourage their involvement.