[Gnumed-devel] Re: the benefit of setup tools

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: the benefit of setup tools
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 22:25:32 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Karsten> Now, there, GNUmed is not a *module* for Python. But maybe I am
Karsten> misinterpreting what they mean by "module source distribution".

The point is that if you pick any random app/lib/...there is 99.9%
probability it is installed via make, autoconf, distutils, scons,
cmake...whatever...ne need to make a research amongst Python
apps/libs...there are even more setup tools than just distutils.

Karsten> similarly-named: I dare say GNUmed-v11/ is similar to
Karsten> GNUmed.v11.tgz

Good old Karsten and his sense of humor. I'll miss it.

Karsten> Nonetheless we improved even on that based on your suggestions
Karsten> yesterday.

Thank you for that. I'm leaving with a good taste in my mouth. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour | Hlapičina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6