[Gnumed-devel] Re: FW: Re: gnumed 0.5.0 on Ubuntu

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FW: Re: gnumed 0.5.0 on Ubuntu
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:48:43 +0200

> > > Sebastian:
> > >
> > > I downloaded the updated tgz today. Thanks for the fast response, by
> > > the way. However, is there somewhere I can get instructions on
> > > installing these updates on my Ubuntu Jaunty system?
> > >
> > You don't need the tgz. See that page :
> > http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/UbuntuGuideShort
> >
> > You need to add the GNUmed package archive to your sources. Then you can
> > install the updated packages through Ubuntu package manager (synaptic I
> > believe)
> >
> > Let us know if you any problems.
> >
> I figured that out about the time I sent the e-mail to you. Everything
> seems to be working fine except when attempting to add patient
> medications, I get an error that states "Cannot call IFAP via [C:
> ifapwinWIAMDB.EXE]" Is there a work around to add medications that
> does not require the ifap database?

No. That version requires IFAP to transfer medication
records. It doesn't properly store them either but only
creates a SOAP note listing them.

The main new feature for 0.6 will be to allow proper
documentation of current medication with or without a drug
database (if there is no database one will have to enter
brand details and INNs oneself). The only supported drug
database for 0.6 will be Gelbe Liste, another German
database.

If you know of drug databases for your part of the world
which make it easy to get access to for development and
which make sense to implement because users can reasonably
easily get updates for them then that's something to be
considered once we've got the basic support done.