Re: [Gnumed-devel] Updated server packages

From: Christian A. Reiter
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Updated server packages
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:41:31 +0200

Rogerio Luz Coelho schrieb:
> Hello Cristian look at the wiki again ... I have changed it a bit so
> now it should be more obvious ... please go take a look and see what
> you think
>
> Rogerio

I can't remember when it was, but a few months ago someone (you?)
restructured the whole installation howto in the Wiki anyway, and since
then it is MUCH clearer now IMO - but that can be as well because of my
knowledge now that tha pg_hba.conf line IS necessary.

And yes, indeed, now it is even clearer.
The line

      4.1) |pg_hba.conf| (this is the *only* change needed for a simple
      localhost database setup)

was very important for me, especially that you see on the first look
that this is the ONLY change - if you did that, you're done.

Tha main Problem IMO is not that you oversee this line: if you are on
the page http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurePostgreSQL
everything is done, you did id already. The problem is before; people
who don't know about Gnumed/Postgresql don't know THAT you have to
configure it, so I would mark out this as well in
http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ServerInstall -

But I don't want to criticize that much - it's much clearer now - and if
the installer script would maybe stop (?) at the beginning and write
about the missing configuration line that would me enough I think.

Cheers,
Christian