Re: [Gnumed-devel] Updated server packages

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Updated server packages
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:58:47 +0200

> Aha - at least here (Ubuntu 9.04) Gnumed does not work without this
> line, so I thought it is crucial for working.

For a standard Ubuntu (and Debian) it truly is :-)

However, imagine what would happen if someone added this line to the
top of pg_hba.conf:

local    all     all      trust

;-)

Then it wouldn't be needed. Endless (and more sensible) variations
on the above theme are possible. Impossible to (sanely) know
programmatically :-(