Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders for patientletters

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders for patientletters
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:12:23 +0200

Hello Marc,

we need some more consideration:

> I need some more placeholders for my so called 'billing system' (some
> ready done templates with billing information for private patients in
> Germany)
> Would it be possible to add placeholders for the complete address
> (street, number, city, postal code)

Now, GNUmed can store several addresses per person. None of
them has a marker "primary" or similar. Thus you will have
to use the extended placeholder format. eg:

        $<adr_street::home::40>$

where "home" is the type of address and 40 is the (optional)
maximum length you want to receive.

I started to implement this.

> and a placeholder where you can
> select by gender:
>
> male: Sehr geehrter Herr <name>
> female: Sehr geehrte Frau <name>

This is going to be a bit more difficult because it requires
translation of static text which one wants to be runtime
user definable in the best case.