Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Interest in GNUmed
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 12:33:51 +0200

Hello Marc,

> that's my problem too. I'm using GNUmed for a while now for managing my
> patients.

Great !

> Bills are written with ooo-templates via the document-feature
> (I don't have many different standard-bills). It's not the best way, but
> it works fine for me.

What can we do to try to improve this part of GNUmed for you ?

> So implementing a billing system is a very good idea. I think a
> 'private' billing system, where everybody can 'add' the items he needs
> for his work, will do it.

I think a reasonable goal would be to identify, and
interface with, an existing OSS invoice handling solution.

> (I tried the swiss 'elexis' EMR software. The
> private billing system implemented there, by importing an oo-calc
> document with the items, prices, etc is a very good solution in my opinion).

Given the above (interfacing invoicing) we can give some
support to making it easier to import the relevant data into
that application.

The desire and need for billing in healthcare is well
appreciated. However, even a reasonable and limited solution
needs quite some work. I am all in favour of attempting a
reasonable solution, however. So, anyone willing to work on
that - speak up !