Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-testing version?

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-testing version?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 21:48:24 +0200

Am Donnerstag 22 Oktober 2009 20:54:01 schrieb Jerzy Luszawski:
> Hello,
> I would like to test my plugins (OperationReport, EMRMultiView,
>  EncounterEdit) against some release-candidate version ("frozen"), to make
>  them available in the next release. Currently they work in client v.
>  0.3.5, which is quite outdated.
> Is there a tag or something to check-out from CVS only modules which are
> targeted for next release (0.6.0) or the whole CVS is considered a
> release-candidate?

CVS currently is not that different from the released 0.5.x branch. That means
the whole CVS head will be part of the 0.6 release.

There is little risk that CVS head will have code incompatible with 0.6
release.

Karsten will tag release candidates but major incompatible changes will only
be done once 0.6 is branched.

That works because Karsten is most active. Once more then one active coder
might introduce conflicting changes this could break.

That would be the time when Karsten should actively pursue the switch to git.

Sebastian

> What is expected time of release of the next version?

That largely depends on what should go in. Karsten in planning on medication
handling. It only his changes go in than the release will be Christmas or
later.

If some other features are introduced that warrant a release then release date
depends on production readiness of that feature.

I guess it is safe to say 0.6 will feature drug handling and will appear by
end of december or beginning of the new year.

Sebastian